Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Photo Series: Master Drummer Kerfala Fana Bangoura

Last Friday night's opening of the African Film Festival at Portland's Hollywood Theater is something I wish everyone in Portland could have seen.

Mounafanyi, Kerfala 'Fana' Bangoura's percussion and dance ensemble rocked the house.

I was invited to photograph the event, having seen, heard, and photographed Fana at last summer's Hawthorne Street Fair.

It was a stellar performance and a stellar experience for me as a photographer. I burned it up ... photographing as fast as my 8 mp Canon PowerShot S5 would allow. What a champ camera this has turned out to be.

Here are a few selections. For the complete series, please see my Facebook Album
Kerfala Fana Bangoura, February 8, 2011

For information on prints, please email me.
All photos ©LoraRFisher | flairCreativ









For more information on Fana and Mounafanyi, visit Fana's web site.






No comments:

Post a Comment